Anyone in FL...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jgc8fan, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jgc8fan

jgc8fan LawnSite Member

... Doing customer relations today??? Just wondering because my partner and I went to several of our bigger accounts today to make sure they got through the storm okay, and see what type of shape the properties were in. Made a big impression on the customers that we cared enough to check up on them, but I also noticed that I didn't see another lawn company on the street all day. Just wondering if anyone else in FL did this?

The neighborhoods we were in are all one's we'd left cards and flyers in so I'm hoping that the people who were wandering around will remember seeing us out when they go to call someone to clean up their yards this week. :) Might get the jump on the other guys.

2. MP350

MP350 LawnSite Member

I was on the phone during the storm to my customers to check on them, and on Monday I drove around checking my yards to see which one I can mow today. I have about 5 yards that need to be raked up before I can mow. The worst part is we are still cleaning up from the last storm.

3. greendave

greendave LawnSite Member

Absolutely. Many of my clients live out of state, and they depend on me to look after their properties. I viewed most of them yesterday, thankfully not much more vegetation down, but lots of flooded lawns. Went up to Burnt Store Marina area to re-tarp a client's roof (he's acrophobic), he lives in Belgium. After Charley he called me and instructed me to 'take care of his house, no matter what the cost.' Have one client who lives most of the year in Michigan, was on vacation elsewhere. He called me when he got in late yesterday, knowing I had already been to his house to check up on it. These are the great customers who know they can depend on us when they need us. (BTW) they gladly pay well for services rendered.........