Anyone in N.C?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Mistral, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Mistral

Mistral LawnSite Member

I'm thinking of moving to N.C. but don't know much about it...can you mow lawns year round? Up here in Boston we have about 8 months to make $, what's it like down there?Thanks.

2. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I don't mow year-round but the majority of my customers are year-round full service accounts. It's cold enough the grass doesn't do much but not so cold that we still fertilize, apply pre-emergence, prune shrubbery, etc.

3. taproot

taproot LawnSite Member

What part of NC are you thinking about? From east to west it changes quite a bit. Im from New England too originally and have found the season is a little longer here, not as cold winters and definitely not as much snow. But you are able to do other work here in the winter besides push snow and daydream like up there.

4. YardPro

YardPro LawnSite Gold Member

i am from the coast of NC.

since we are a vacation area we also have a shorter season.... we have about a 9 month season... not mowing That is only about 7-8 months.but with all the pruning, mulching, etc we get 9-10 months.

5. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

leaves make a mess all through the winter here, grass stopps growing but we dont get enough snow here for things to stop for the winter. i work installing irrigation year round.