Anyone in NORTH EAST take winter off?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE, Dec 26, 2004.

1. FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE

FNA LAWN & LANDSCAPE LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone makes enough from spring to fall to sit back and enjoy the winter months (NO PLOWING)?

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Probably make enough during the " green " season but I like plowing !

Believe it or not !

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

We plow (3 trucks) but essentially we are off. Plowing helps break up the boredome some.

4. lqmustang

lqmustang LawnSite Senior Member

I have to admit I plow also, but with usually only 10 or so plowable events, it's like taking the winter off. I could easily do nothing if I really wanted to.

5. jim dailey

jim dailey LawnSite Senior Member

John, I used to do the plowing thing for the winter. Couple of years ago the wife retired from the banking industry. We went to Daytona, FL., and bought 2 mobile homes. We use one in the winter, and the other is rented out for the year. We do the Daytona 500, 24 hours of Rolex, Bike week and Spring Break. We are in our mid-50's and enjoy the heck out of it. We go to the world's most famous beach each and every morning to start the day off. 3 years ago I sold all of the plow equipment, and have never looked back. NOW, it is warm and sunny all winter long. I love it...

6. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I run 2 plow trucks and do the "domestic engineering" duties durning the winter while the wife works. Signed up for retierment this week so I will need to make some business adjustments for 2005. My wife is after me to give up plowing next season so we can visit friends in Florida. With the weather so far this year it looks like winter will be a bust.

Gene

7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Yes, we just finished up our 6th season, and haven't worked a day in the winter since we started. (no snow removal at all.)