1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone in Northeast going back to mowing?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Jan 1, 2007.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone mowing in the Northeast? With rainy conditions and temps in the 50's, I think I'll be mowing soon if we don't get some snow. The grass is starting to green up here, call me crazy but if I don't see some snow in the next few weeks, I'll start the season early!:cry: I WANT SNOW!!! Anyone else mourning the lack of snow?
  2. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

I was out mowing Friday.
  3. crzymow

crzymow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa

I'm not thinking im going to be mowing for a few months at least, things may be greening up a bit, but still arent gonna be growing. Plus everything is so wet and mucky i wouldnt want to be on it anyhow. we may not be getting snow, but plenty of rain to keep it wet
  4. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Nope, we aren't thinking about mowing, but we are appreciating the nice 50 degree weather we keep having.
    No snow and lovin' it. :D
  5. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

i'd like to mow, I just don't have one customer that would take me seriously if I cut their lawn and sent them a bill for it.
  6. Chop Stuff Up

Chop Stuff Up LawnSite Senior Member

This is just a guess, I guess we're about 10-15 degrees above normal. I hope that doesn't happen come summertime.
  7. MSS Mow

MSS Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah, same here. I think they'd just laugh at me. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

It's a little cooler here though. Still no snow on the ground though. We did have about 3 inches of snow a few days ago, but it was gone as fast as it came. It's raining as I type. Temp is only 36 though.
  8. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Nope Im in "Planning Mode", and will be til the end of February. We may actually start mowing the 1st wk of April insttead of the 2nd.
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Way too warm...supposed to hit around 60 by the end of the week.
  10. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm also loving not having any snow. I took last week off and I am going back to work this week. I have some stone walls to build, and some topsoil. No mowing though. JPocket has some good advice, use this time of year to plan, the winter goes fast!