1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone in the north doing clean ups yet????

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Jon99, Mar 15, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I had a lady call me and she wants her yard cleaned up on Monday, has a good amount of leaves... I usually wait until the grass begins to green to do clean ups, but she is insisting... My biggest fear is the ground is so soft right now and my Tiger Cub will tear her yard up...
  2. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

About anything will tear up yards now - I am in SE. Iowa and it is one muckey mess out there -
  3. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

I haven'r even passed out fliers yet. All this snow is running into my mowing. We just had 5" of snow finally all melt today from 60° temps. It's supposed to be in the 60's the next 5 days so I'll pas out fliers tomorrow. Peace
  4. Nozzleman

Nozzleman LawnSite Member

We still have some snow on the ground here in Rhode Island. However with temps in the 50's this week it should be gone in a few day's. I will have an ad in the paper this week so I hope potential customers are as ready to embrace spring as I am.

Bring it on :blob3:.
  5. Lawn277

Lawn277 LawnSite Member
    from Iowa

Looks like next week if it stays warm and dry. The last couple days it has been 50 and 60 and the snow vanished. Last year It was April 6 when we started

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

There is 4 feet of frost in the ground but it was 55 Saturday and gonna be 62 today. There still are 5 and 6 foot plowed piles of snow in the North facing lots that don't get sun. We don't start until April unless we get 60's from now on and warm rain to thaw the ground.
  7. A1 Lawn@Landscapes

A1 Lawn@Landscapes LawnSite Member

I am in southern Massachusetts. The only thing I am cleaning up is the buffalo wing sauce off my chin. I have about a foot of snow in my front yard.

8. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

I think Im starting here in CT on Monday. Not with cleanups though. Way too soft.
  9. I've got 3 scheduled for monday and 2 for tuesday if the weather holds out, their calling for rain on tuesday so i'll wait and see.:blob3:
    I'm getting to lazy sitting around this house, got to get out and get started:sleeping:

10. PR0 TURF

PR0 TURF LawnSite Bronze Member

All that we're cleaning up is snow...lots of it! Doesn't look like we'll be doing anything different for another month or so...no fun!!