Anyone in the north east getting fall cleanup calls? In January!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tcls83, Jan 21, 2006.

1. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

There is no snow on the ground and my answering machine is lighting up for people who haven't gotten around to doing fall cleanups. My equipment is all packed up for the season with sta-bil in the gas tanks. Is anyone else experiencing the same? Snow is on the horizon for next week (Fingers crossed). I hope it comes soon. I'm thinking about taking the equipment out to get back out there. Is anyone else?

2. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

almost i'm about to go out and drop flyers for spring cleanups.

3. tcls83

tcls83 LawnSite Member

Really? Let me know how you do. I'm afraid winter will come back and bite us. I've usually waited till early march to start doing flyers.

4. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

What are ya gonna go out after Kid's WB is over?

5. nobagger

from Pa

tcl, this year is a bust. Even if we get some snow in Feb. and March I don't think it will make up for the losses in Dec. and Jan. I know how ya feel (about plowing) we have several salting accounts so we have been busy somewhat with that and we have a couple of seasonal contracts but the amount of $$$$ we make in plowing say in a weeks time by far is worth staying up for days at a time. I'm really going to push landscape renovations this spring and summer, I figure the commercial accounts we have will be very happy with all the money they saved and maybe they will be willing to spend some of that in landscapes.

6. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

nobagger?????? winter is on it's way back but i've been seeing alot of people out working on there lawns thought it would be worth a try. still not sure if it would be worth it

7. nobagger

from Pa

No I don't think it would be worth it. You may get a call or two but if I were in the market to get any kind of lawn work done I would want to wait until spring. If I were a customer I wouldn't want to spend good money now then chance there being a mess in spring again. "Winter is on it's way back", I would be very surprised to see us get another 50"s total. We average 140"-200" a year and I bet we have maybe 60" total so far. So for us this winter is a big bust!

8. EDEN77

EDEN77 LawnSite Member

In Western PA we had 3 weeks of cold and snow in December when I should have been doing cleanups. Since the last week of December I've been getting those cleanups done in the fall weather we didn't get then but are getting now. Doing fall cleanups ? Believe it.

9. eruuska

eruuska LawnSite Senior Member

I've done 2 cleanups this month. One was a leftover from the fall, one was a fresh call.

And lots of mole calls as well. payup

10. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

We are suppose to get up to 9 inches of snow on monday
    3-6 monday
    then
    1-3 monday night

So today, i did a spring cleanup on my lawn and re edged my landscape beds.