1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone in the northeast still seeding?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Sep 25, 2003.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: i was just curiuos if any of you guys are still thacthing/aeratiing and seeding, i thought we were done on monday but since then ive had 10 more come in and looks like it will be till mid next week till done. tony
  2. KenH

KenH LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Im going til the end of Sept.
  3. hortboy

hortboy LawnSite Member

I usually stop oct 15th never been burned yet by the cold weather. I won't stop aerating till Nov 15th.
  4. Ideal Lwns & Landscp

Ideal Lwns & Landscp LawnSite Member

I'll be seeding till the end of next week..Had some storm damage to clean up and put me back a week, but not worried about the time of year..I have seeded until November without a problem here..
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

We're still doing it. Just finished a reno today.
  6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It's starting to get cold here, supposed to get colder this weekend. I personally hope it warms back up, I've got work rolling in still. Did two aerations + seedings today.

7. sharpcutter

sharpcutter LawnSite Member

I am in Pa. and its been our experience that the late lawns were always our best. Sometimes into the November.
  8. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I've got 2 pretty big new lawn installs to get done before the leaves start to fall but the darn properties won't dry out enough to get a machine in to finsh grade them, so "yes" where still seeding.