Anyone in the Tampa Florida area?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by LawnSharkMowing, May 10, 2007.

1. LawnSharkMowing

LawnSharkMowing LawnSite Member

Just want to know how your business is going in the Tampa florida area. It seems kinda slow right now for me. I'm hoping to get at least 10 accounts by June-July. I only have 3 1/2. Lawn Shark

2. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I am in the Tampa area, and so far have been picking up about 2 new accounts each week since mid month (April). And I am one of those few who actually Bid higher then most in this area, usally about 15-20 more then the standard.

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

I am curious....Just how do you end up with a half of an acct?

4. LawnSharkMowing

Thats exactly right I am mowing just the front yard of this persons yard! Not to take away your customers but what is your secret to getting that many acounts per week. I'm looking for around 10-15 accounts total because I am a local Firefighter here and im just doing it part time. I have an add out in the local paper and I have been handing out flyers about 800 so far. Do you have any accounts that you dont want in the Apollo Beach area.

5. LawnSharkMowing

Thats exactly right I am mowing just the front yard of this persons yard! Not to take away your customers but what is your secret to getting that many acounts per week. I'm looking for around 10-15 accounts total because I am a local Firefighter here and im just doing it part time. I have an add out in the local paper and I have been handing out flyers about 800 so far. Do you have any accounts that you dont want in the Apollo Beach area

6. Poncho25

Poncho25 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't work that far out. I am in the South Tampa, North Tampa area. My secret...well I can't give it all away, somethings are just my thing ;)
    What I can tell you is that I have a high budget for advertisment and I use ever bit of it!! I don't advertise in the flyer's or news papers. I do make ever effort to find out about deed restricted communities and if they have a community newspaper. Then I present myself to the members of the board and ask how to go about advertising in their paper. I got quite a few accounts this way.

7. GELAWNS

GELAWNS LawnSite Member

We are mowing 6 days a week and also busy. We have accounts all around.. Spring Hill to Holiday to Tampa to Zephyrhills.