Anyone in Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbhlawn, Sep 4, 2003.

1. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

We are rather new to this buisness and are trying to make our break for next season. We have been buying up the tools of the trade and have a pretty good start(we think) for next season. I was wondering when everyone starts lining up accounts for next year and what is the best method to advertise?

2. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

start lining up new accounts right away, do anything to get the new accounts.

I personally have always found that referrals from current customers is the best way to get new customers. Offer the current customers a discount as well for the referral

3. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

4. oleo

oleo LawnSite Member

Mowing in Southern Wisconsin? This has been the worst year we've ever had for mowing. We need rain so bad it is sickening. Local water table is down 5 feet. Havent mowed in weeks for some of the accounts.

5. bbhlawn

bbhlawn LawnSite Member

Yeah I hear that. The weather has been bad for mowing. Lucky for me the wife does all the mowing so I can still work my full time job until the buisness breaks for us.

Hopefully next season!

6. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry to hear that guys as this has been the best year in 8. I have skipped only one customer back in July. We had lots of rain in August and only now is the growth slowing.

I was amazed at how dry it was when we vacationed down in Beaver Dam and the Dells. The grass was completely dormant. Hope leaf season is better.

7. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

MOW ED

I live in Beaver Dam. What is there to do in this town for vacation? I've lived here for a year and can't wait to move back to the Madison area once I can afford it.

Actually getting back to the original question, I went to my printer today to view the proofs for my mass mailing.Is it to early yet to send them out ? I'm not starting buisness till '04.

8. promower

promower LawnSite Bronze Member

Oleo- Ihear ya, I'm in madison we got a tenth of an inch in the 6 weeks. This is terrible, everything is brown.