1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in a Welding Forum?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Eric ELM, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I thought I would post this here in case some of you don't go to the Off Topic Forum. A thread was started in the Off Topic Forum about a welding forum. I have sent a PM to Chuck and asked his opinion on this. How many of you would be interested in a Welding Forum?

I have welders and they are great tools to have. Even though I have welded for many years, I still would like to learn more. We have a member who's user name is 75 that is a Pro welder.

Let us know if you are interested in this type of forum.
  2. Grateful11

Grateful11 LawnSite Member

Yes let's go for it. Before I bid on my current position, union shop, were I'm at full-time I did a lot of welding and burning. Wouldn't say I'm a pro though. I've welded from 1/8" to 2" T-1 400 steel plate and some aluminum.
  3. DMC300

DMC300 LawnSite Senior Member

I'd check in,Go for it.
  4. oneEXMARKfan

oneEXMARKfan Banned

I just happened to have a welder given to me last week (a good friend bought a new one, and gave me his old one) I have never tried to weld, so I need to learn anything I can about it.
  5. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

ditto exmark (minus the welder for now)
  6. turfguy

turfguy LawnSite Member

Great idea Eric! I just paid my welder $120 for some simple trailer repairs that I would have liked to try my self. His work does look very profesional. Next week its off to the paint shop for a quick shoot.
  7. Likestomow

Likestomow LawnSite Senior Member

I would be interested. Just like doing any task, there are tips,tricks and traps. I think this would be an asset. Good thinking, Eric!
  8. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a great idea. I've got an old stick welder that I use to repair the trailer and stuff but I'm "self taught". That means that I'm basicly a "poke & hope" type of welder and need all the help I can get.
  9. guntruck

guntruck LawnSite Senior Member

I wouldnt mind seeing it happen sounds like a good idea!
  10. racerdave

racerdave LawnSite Senior Member

Great idea Eric!!!