Anyone kicking off the mowing season yet

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Ridge89, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Lawn Pawn

Lawn Pawn LawnSite Senior Member
    from zone 3

Got first call for clean-up Friday and did their neighbor as well.

Had a message on machine when got home to bid a new property. Went right up and gave them a number, and did first mow for them as well. Their lawn was put to bed last Fall pretty long and needed to be shortened up before the new growth started.

All is about a month ahead of normal here!!??

2. RandallM

RandallM LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

Started last week and have been covered up.

3. ALEX'S LANDSCAPING

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING LawnSite Senior Member

April 1st here!

4. Procut lawn expert

Procut lawn expert LawnSite Member

i am so far behind i think I'm ahead . you ever felt that way

5. lawnkingforever

lawnkingforever LawnSite Bronze Member

Planning on mowing a few next week. April 2 will be my first fully scheduled week. Everything is ready to go, just enjoying my last week off. Not really looking forward to this early start. But it will be nice to bill out a full month of mowing for April for once. My bankroll got a bit smaller over the winter, time to build it back up.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. DieselHolic

DieselHolic LawnSite Senior Member

April 1st. Hawaii last week in march and then its go time! Really wanna get a good amount of dethatches, picked up a 60" Jrco front mount and a PV18 DFS collection system.

7. Waddle

Waddle LawnSite Member

Started today. And it felt great. I have been running around for the last three weeks, and today kicked off the season. I feel like I just can't get ahead!

8. BlazerRidge

BlazerRidge LawnSite Member

We are on our second week here in east TN.

9. scotts lawn care

scotts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member

Did my first spring cleanups today. Last week i did maintenance and equipment prep all week. Felt great to get out so early in the season!

10. Ridge89

Ridge89 LawnSite Member

Procut lawn expert im in that position know especially with classes... last week was spring break did a lot of spring clean up, advertising, and a little bit of mowin, fert., etc. It has been raining for 3 days straight here in northwest MO and everything is green and ready to go, so we are about to be over our heads in work but cant complain! Good Luck and everyone and have a good season.