Anyone know a good "Maintenance Routines" guide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ATL Lawn, Nov 13, 2007.

1. ATL Lawn

ATL Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone know a good Equipment Maintenance Routines guide, or book??

I need something for new hires... to teach my guys a thing or two about servicing..

Im not expecting them to change out an eqgine, but maybe teach them how to change a spark plug, or clean out a carb would be nice..

they need something on paper, or a guide i can print. Me telling them to do it, just dont work...

They will DRIVE all the way back to the office, just cause they cant crank a mower.....:hammerhead: :hammerhead:

HELP.. lol

2. ealbertson

ealbertson LawnSite Senior Member

This isn't exactly what you are looking for, but it makes things easier. I keep a notebook for each machine recording everything I ever do to them from routine to repairs. The most helpful thing for keeping on schedule that I have found is to use a tape labeler which I print the next scheduled work that needs to be done with the hours it is needed at ex.: Gr. Oil Fil. 590hrs and stick it next to the hour meter.

Ed

3. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

If it were me, I'd take the maintenance schedule for each piece of equipment and load it into Microsoft Outlook's calendar, based on your hours log for each machine.