1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know About Gas Lights?

Discussion in 'Landscape Lighting' started by Georgiehopper, May 26, 2005.

1. Georgiehopper

Georgiehopper LawnSite Member

I have designed a patio with pillars and lighting...but the customer wants gas lights... does anyone know anything about this...'cause I don't.
  2. salopez

salopez LawnSite Senior Member

Alright here is what I know. one, there are very little options so your customer should change their minds. two, you need to have a licensed plumber run all the lines. three, the only place to get fixtures is from the local gas companies. I know that Baltimore Gas and Electric has like three lamps to pick from black white and brass of the same lamp. good luck
  3. Guthrie&Co

Guthrie&Co LawnSite Senior Member
    from nc

look up lehmans. they have tons of gas lighting
  4. digger1

digger1 LawnSite Member

you need to have a licensed plumber run all the lines

absolutely a must. if the gas company is ever at this house, they will check the ground with their "sniffer". worse yet, if the customer complains of a gas odor inside the home, the gas company will check ALL lines. if the new lines are suspect of a leak, they shut the gas off at the meter.
    save yourself some headaches and let the customer pay for a licensed plumber to do the lines and hook up.