Anyone know about the Kawasaki 4 cycle oil that doubles your warranty??

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by johnwon, Nov 15, 2006.

1. johnwon

johnwon LawnSite Senior Member

I seen that on their web site but don't know how to go about starting the program. The web site says to contact your dealer. I'll try and call them soon and see if anyone there knows how to handle this procedure. I just brought my mower home less than a week ago and only have 1 or 2 hours on it. Just wanting to know if any of you are currently in this program and may give some details on it. Thanks

2. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yes it is true:clapping: Your dealer should have a six pack of Kawi oil that has a registration form included, basically after the manufactures 2 year warrranty the oil company will pick up all internal engine situations that would be covered by Kawi for the next 2 years. This is for all Kawi engines up to 31Hp.

3. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

It is true, if you buy and use the oil Kawasaki will double the warranty on all internal parts of your engine. Be warned the oil has a dye in it that stains the inside of the engine so they know if you have been using it.

4. johnwon

Is this oil a synthetic?? I wonder if Amsoil has a program that may double the warranty for using their product? As for the dye....I'm not sure what to think about that.

5. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

Man, if the hydro manufacurers would step up and do that, mowers wouldn't have to be traded so soon.

6. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds to me they are just trying to get their oil more exposure on the market. Everyone labels an oil as their own and then says it is the best product for your engine. I am not sure I like the idea about dying the internal engine components either. And I wonder if their oil will really give superior protection.??????????

7. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

Its probably not a very good deal. I am sure you end up paying for it since the oil is probably alot more expensive than whatever you buy at an autoparts store or wherever you get your oil.

I never really looked into it since most of my customers do not buy engine oil from me unless I am changing their oil for them.

8. MowerMedic77

MowerMedic77 LawnSite Bronze Member

As far as I can tell this is who produces the oil for Kawi http://www.opti2-4.com/opti-4.htm
    The internal parts turn a light gold color for ID purposes only it does not effect the engine.

9. Dnemo

Dnemo LawnSite Member

Actually Kawasaki has had this offer for at least 2-3years now.
    You must by a 6-pack MSRP $5.92 bottle and run the oil exclusivley during the warranty period. The warranty covers all internal engine components.
    The Oil is made by Opti and they actually cover the 3rd and 4th year of the warranty however you still take the engine to your Kawasaki dealer.

10. johnwon

Thanks for sharing....I'm still thinking about it.