Anyone know about the viper lawnmower blades?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dcplace2004, Jun 8, 2005.

1. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

the yellow painted blades with the teeth that supposedly help bag more and mince the grass better...or is the toro atomic blade better...does the viper blade give a clean cut compared to the atomic blade?...any input is greatly appreciated...thanks...

2. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I've never heard of those. But I have seen a Gold/Yellow blade that had teeth for a sail like Gators.... except the teeth were more squared like Raptor blades.... and the tooth angle was in a reversed orientation.

In other words, instead of directing the clipping towards the center like the Gator & Raptor is angled, they were turned the other way to throw outward.

3. dcplace2004

dcplace2004 LawnSite Senior Member

I don't think they are for commercial mowers...I have a Toro personal pace from HD and amazingly it is holding up to the constant mowing I am doing...I am not counting my lucky stars yet, as I know I will need a commercial mower next season, unless this one fizzles out on me...I really do take care of it though, oil, filter, and things...thanks...

4. Toy2

Toy2 LawnSite Bronze Member

Another Personal Pace story....mine is holding up to my expectations....I have the Big Wheel front drive as well as the PP...the PP rules over the Big Wheel....I think because of the Rear drive...not sure...I take care of mine as well, oil, sharp blades etc....It really has paid for itself...