Anyone know anything about a Shortcut 1500?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mr Lucky, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

I saw a strange mower last week. All I could make out was Shortcut 1500 written on the side. It looked like it had a motorcycle seat or something.

2. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

It was made by hustler for a few years. The controls are the h-bar controls used on their walkbehinds. I think the design was originally supposed to be a stand or sit idea but wright called them on patent infringement so they had to put a seat switch on it, so you can only sit. They had a great bagging system that came from the rear center of the deck and packed into a catcher, all in a nice neat short machine.

That said I wouldn't mind finding a good used on to supplement my hustler super walkbehind.

3. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky LawnSite Member

That is it. You described it perfectly....

4. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

I am on my 6th season on my Shortcut. The only problems I have had is typical stuff. I have replaced a starter, carb, belts,tires and an ignition switch. I like the mower so much I bought another, well they did not have any more at the factory but Lonnie hooked me up on a killer deal on the last HOG they had. Basically got 13g's or better worth of stuff. The Hog unit retailed for 10 grand plus he sent me a new carrier frame to mount the new 54 inch deck on. Another set of tires(the hog tires are solid ), mulch kit and several other little goodies. I am beggining to think as long as this Shortcut is lasting I did not need to make that purchase but the deal was too good to pass. This is one solid mower. I have yet to replace the idle pullies much less spindles. I have roughly 4000 to 4500 hours, hour metter broke so it is a guess. Here are a couple of links, also do a search.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=43394
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76679

2.jpg

5. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

Here is another picture. Again the shorter of the 2 is the oldest. The Hog is only a couple of months old now and can be converted to a Shortcut, which I have all the parts to do so.

hustler.jpg