1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about these spray rigs?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by airtractrdrivr, Apr 11, 2005.

1. airtractrdrivr

airtractrdrivr LawnSite Member

Got a brochure in the mail today from a company called GNC Industries in Pocahontas, Arkansas. They had some pretty decent prices on their skid sprayers, so I was curious if anyone here has had any dealings with them. I'm looking for a large rig to put in a one ton as a dedicated lawn rig, and they have a nice looking 400 gallon space saver rig on sale now. How about it, any info?
  2. Turfdoctor

Turfdoctor LawnSite Member

I ordered one last Friday. I ordered the tank, with the agitation and suction lines installed. That total was about 1250.00. If you order just the tank and drill your own holesin the stainless plates and install the agitation yourself its around 800. Though they are designed for an eight ft pickup bed, I am mounting mine on a flatbed. The only bummer was they said it would take two weeks to ship. I live in Tenn., so it must take a while to drill through the plastic!! If you email me in a couple of weeks i'll let you know how I like it. I am taking the honda and hypro off an old lesco sprayer and the hose reel. They are also predrilling for the honda motor and hannay hose reel I already have. I have to drill my own holes for the punp. later, turfdoc
  3. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member

i saw there 200gal unit at the expo in KY last year, looked well built, the difference i noticed was they use there own pump (GNC) and aCOX reel instead of a hanny reel.
  4. Darr57

Darr57 LawnSite Member

I bought a truck from them in 02' real easy to deal with, haven't had any problems with the sprays. Had the truck right at 3 years now just normal maintenance thats all. I'm getting out of the fert and squirt business so if your interested I have a truck ready to sell. :D I'll try to attach a picture.

5. ArchiesLawns

ArchiesLawns LawnSite Member
    from Alabama

How much are you asking for the truck? Give me some details. PM me if you would like.

6. Neal Wolbert

Neal Wolbert LawnSite Senior Member

Same here. Neal
  7. Total Lawn & Landscape

Total Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Member

Darr do you still have the truck for sale? If so i am interested in it.
  8. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

I know a Guy runs about 25 of them and swears by them His name is Golf Green Lawncare in Peroia IL. Ask to speak with Chuck
  9. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

I have 2 Tufflex 300/100 split tanks with 2 hannay electric hose reels for each unit, that are made to sit cross bed in a full size pickup. No motors. also have 2 udor 10 gpm pumps. jason@goodmanserviceslawncare.com
  10. teeca

teeca LawnSite Bronze Member