anyone know going hourly rate at shop to repair mower??

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by milo, Sep 13, 2013.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

was wondering how much do shops charge these days per hour to repair equipment?

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Depends on location...... 50-90 bux......

3. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

The shops that have people that give advice on the internet at 5am on Saturday mornings prolly charge the most...
    Unless of course they had to be up anyway to crank up their smoker to spend all day cooking Boston Butts...

25 to get to 10k.....way to go RestroRob...

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Don't forget most have a 3 week wait too

5. Sharpcut 1

Sharpcut 1 LawnSite Senior Member

That's false. My clientelle are 95% commercial, so you're mower does'nt sit behind Mrs. Smith's 21" toro. If you bought your mower from me, it gets pulled in the shop and diagnosed within 24 hours. If you bought your mower from me in the current season, you get pulled in while in our wating room, and see if we can fix it within 90 minutes. If we can't, you're getting a loaner and back on your way.

Obviously, the guy asking about shop rate DOES'NT have a relationship with his dealer.

Our shop rate is $80.00 an hour. Just outside of Detroit.

Let the dealer bashing begin!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

6. Will P.C.

Will P.C. LawnSite Senior Member

50-80/hr. Actual dealers tend to be more expensive than Joes Small Engine We Fix Anything. I want to know why some of these places mark up the price of parts over an acceptable rate. Ex. 50 dollar part found online in numerous places costs 85. Same BS with appliance repair. It is like the find the highest possible price and then add on another 20%

7. piston slapper

This is America...you can charge whatever you want for anything that you want to...
    If somebody pays your price....you didn't charge too much...
    The guy can sell stuff cheaper on the internet because he doesn't have a storefront or employees..
    Maybe we should all call you to see if we are asking a fair price for stuff.?????
    Did you sleep thru the high school economics classes.????

Where's TaterSalad when you need him....

8. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

On the contrary that's not the case.......

Because of this ^^^^ the online stores can sell cheaper, See...... Most shops sell parts at the manufacturers suggested RETAIL price to cover overhead, These online stores sell for a percentage of their COST.

Sooo...... It's NOT dealer's charging more but other's selling for less/making less per part......

I just now finished a online parts order for a friends machine, Suggested list on one blade was $25.96 with a cost of $4.20...... The same blade by the same company online is $5.97, The online stores had rather make a smaller amount but sell more than charge list and sell less......

Oh...... Slapper, I caught a sniff of BBQ smoke from the south round lunch time...... :cry:

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Same at my dealer I drive up and unload and go to the bay and they
    finish what they have and work on mine next. No checking in or anything I pay him and leave. I don['t go in for rinkee stuff and have a lot of
    backup but when I need something bad they are there.

10. piston slapper

The smoker is still smokin...just a few more hours....
    Them Boston Butts stall at bout 160....gotta gettum to 195 to 203...internal...
    Santa Claus is right around the bend.....