ANYONE know how much for this WICKED lift?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Liquidfast, Oct 16, 2006.

1. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

http://www.xtralift.com/photos.htm#

I don't care what it cost, I L O V E it and I will look cool while busting out the wright stander and the lawnboy mowers next year. I will play chariots of fire whilst lowering or raising myself in front of other LCOs who will drool while I am running in slow motion...LOL.

I can see it now, the backpack blowers and the "F***IN Weed eaters" on a side rack.........I will be the supreme lawn cutter in my area. I am dying to know how much they might cost and cant wait till mornin to find out.

I will spare no expense, I will pay any amount.......as long as its under $3000, Ill own one. :canadaflag: :usflag:

2. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

too much! use a set of ramps

3. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

not only thte cost, but just thinkg your 8' bed is now 7 feet long and 3 feet wide between the wheel wells, and your load capacity on your truck just deccreased as well....

Dont get me wrong its a neat concept, kinda like a roll-back truck, I just don't see the lawn care benefits....

Now if you could just slide the endire bed of the truck back and then angle it so you don't need ramps.....

Marc

4. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

the local rental place has one. I have _never_ seen it in use in 3+ years going to them.

5. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Liquid,

Very nifty lift!!!

MarcSmith, it does not reduce the size of the bed - you have to read the specs before dismissing the product!!!

They are all 48" wide. The 8 foot unit will accept 4' x 8' sheets of plywood or drywall, just like the truck bed. If you need even wider, the XChange style makes use of the full width of the bed (sits over the wheel wells). One of the pictures shows a 5 foot wide Gator in the truck.

Definitely a neat product.

deej

6. davidcalhoun

davidcalhoun LawnSite Bronze Member

I can defenitly see a use for it. Especially for the guy also uses his main truck for both business and pleasure. Of course, he should also be profitable enough to justify the intial expense.

Lets say that a guy needs pick up or move a skid of fert or seed to another branch. He can get it loaded/unloaded with a pallet jack instead of having to own a tow motor.

Truck beds with a ramp system work well for walk-behinds, but they sure are not the best system for ride-ons. With this set up you could haul your 48" mid-mount ZTR. Makes for an effecient one-man-crew. It also has another benefit - No trailer to deal with.

Now comes the weekend and you can just haul your personal toys without having another trailer.

7. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think its a great idea. The reason I would buy it would be to save the loading and unloading stress on my back. This week we are aerating lawns and the constant loading of that thing, especially since it doesnt grip the ramp well, is a pain.

Justify the expense? I havent called yet but if it saves the bending over and lifting numerous times a day and if its under $5000, Id seriously consider it. It's suitable for my wright stander, a push mower and can be altered slightly to carry the "Trimmer rack (I think its called)" I am soooooooo excited.

8. newz7151

newz7151 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Tejas

Excitement must really be building... you went up another 2K.

9. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

It looks like the Xtra-lift company has thought of that too.

http://www.xtralift.com/xchange.htm

But the capacity isn't very much, only 1320#. That might be a drawback for many.

10. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

spend the 3K on an enclosed trailer, have all your equipment locked up and secure and have a unit that can easily move from truck to truck easily as you grow...

At this rate just go ahaed abd buy a small roll-off truck with several differnt beds, one for equipment, one for toys, and one for hauling mulch and stuff....

or spend the same amount of money and take the bed off your truck and make a "grass" body with a drop gate and dove tails....

or just install oneof the folding lift gates inplace of the tail gate...http://www.tommygate.com/lguide/pickup/pu_main.html

Neat product don't get me wrong...I just think you'd be throwing good money at something that won't really show you a return on your investment...