Anyone know how to adjust deck on Turf Tiger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DoubleCutter, May 23, 2004.

1. DoubleCutter

DoubleCutter LawnSite Member

All right I had it with these non english speaking mechanics. Ive brought my mower in to 2 different places to have the side to side height and pitch adjusted. Both times it was a lost cause.
    Manual says to adjust side to side height(STSH) by adjusting bolts in the slots.(bolts that chains hook to on deck). Well their aint enough room in those slots to make up the side to side height. Off by almost an inch. The pitch well. it aint even worth doing that till the decks (STSH) is right on. I had it. If anyone in Connecticut knows the adjustment procedure. Ill pay ya to adjust it. Or if someone can explain it to me better than the manual that would be great.
    Its a Scag Turf Tiger thats really been ridden hard and put away wet. I want to make this one a spare, but Already spent 5,000 on a new sprayer and equipment this year.
    Please Help
    Bill

2. Precision Care

Precision Care LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I had to adjust mine this week to. On the left side of the mover in the front at the top of the chain you can losen that bolt and get alittle adjust that way. If you need more then that then you will have to drill the notch out more or take that hole on the right side and make it a notch instead of a hole (this is what I had to do).
    Jeff

3. statman

statman LawnSite Senior Member

I contacted Scag directly thru their website and emailed back and forth with a technical guy named Pat. He was very helpful.