Anyone know how to take off the seat kill switch sensor on a zero?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Ijustwantausername, Jun 8, 2011.

1. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

First of all, I don't need a lecture, I know its dangerous, but my mower keeps snorting at me when I bounce up and down and come up off the seat. I mow A LOT of rough areas and I'm tired of my mower nearly cutting off then gaining its power back when my butt lands back on the seat. I have got to take this thing off some how. It cant be good for the mower.

2. flatlander42

flatlander42 LawnSite Silver Member

unplug it, and bend a chunk of wire into a U shape. Push it into the female part of the plug. Try it out and make srue your ok. Then tape the piss out of it. Your set!

When you go to sell the mower, undo what you just did.

If you chop your foot up, don't blame me!

3. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Eat more McDonald's. If it's got two wires going to the switch unplug it and run a jumper wire to the two terminals. I did the same thing.

4. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

He's going to chop his foot off.

5. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You know ZTR's have a minimum height and weight requirement just like a carnival ride.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Ijustwantausername

Ijustwantausername LawnSite Bronze Member

Haha, no I'm not going to chop my foot off. Been on that mower for 4 years now, pretty much have it down pat. Either the wires are going bad or I'm losing weight, I do a good bit of running when it gets really hot. I would hope 5' 10" 163lbs would be sufficient enough.

7. dgw

dgw LawnSite Bronze Member
    from OH

rip the wires out and twist them together

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

You work at a dealership don't you?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Penncare

Penncare LawnSite Member

You may be cutting too fast, need a good suspension seat and forks or maybe both. Just me but I would try that first and it will probably make the overall ride even on smoother areas better. Can you post pics of the area showing the cut. Just wondering if the grass looks flat and even or choppy.

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I also think you need to slow it down before some engine nearly cutting off becomes
    the least of your worries, if that mower is making you bounce out of your seat hard
    enough to trigger the safety switch, that usually means you're mowing too fast and
    to put things in perspective you're probably not just going a little bit too fast.
    So, like you probably need to slow it down a lot.