anyone know of a good computer program for pond design?

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by scooterbug311, Feb 18, 2008.

1. scooterbug311

scooterbug311 LawnSite Member

I am wondering if there is a computer program out there where i can take a picture of a persons landscape, take the picuter home, down load it and start adding water features and landscpace to it? I need to know brand, were to get it and about how much. HELP POND GUYS AND GALS

2. Venturewest

Venturewest LawnSite Senior Member

One of the big industry standard landscape image editors is Drafix Pro Landscape It runs about $1395. The software that costs $100 to $200 is pretty much junk. I had an older version of Pro Landscape and it worked pretty well for adding plants and landscape but I don't think it would have been great for doing water features.

If you can draw you should take a photo of the landscape, put tracing paper over it, and hand render a pond and waterfall.

You could also try good photo editing software. Obviously Adobe Photoshop is the best, but Corel has more affordable products that work well also.

You can take a photo of a nice water feature and paint it into the photo you want to modify. You can make it look perfect if you get really good at it.

I personally chose to draw water features. Even from a plan view you can sell people on your idea. You can also paint the outline of the the feature on the ground.