1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

anyone know of a good organic fertilizer

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Ziob, Mar 28, 2008.

1. Ziob

Ziob LawnSite Member

anyone in the new england area got any organic fertilizer they recommend for the ct ma area....brand??? where you get it would help just looking at options

2. SoDak

SoDak LawnSite Member

Earthworks, Naturesafe

3. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

If you are looking for a granular
    Jim Allen that comes on here pretty often sells Nutrients plus, he is in Portland ME I don't know how far you are from him His handle is "mainefert"

I believe True Organics is out of Stamford CT, rob saunders (203) 323-5445, I know the stock nutrients plus

Barry Draycott is south of you his tech-terra organics logo is just to the right of where you are reading on the sponsors bar

We make a biological fertilizer called 1-2-3 Instant Compost Tea for turf used as a spray it is a 2-0-2 and is excellent for seeding applications as well as general turf, tons of mycorrhizae and beneficial microrganisms in it and are also on the sponsor bar to your right

4. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

5. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

Great reference, thank you Michael

and I would add, NOFA is an excellenet organization, they have accreditation courses in organic land management, 1 , 2 and 5 day courses.

The 1 day day course is swamped good luck getting in

These folks have worked very hard and continue to do great work

6. wallzwallz

wallzwallz LawnSite Senior Member

It's me who should be thanking you, Bill. I believe it was you who posted about the course last nov or dec . I took the 5 day course in RI. It is a lot of info for 5 days but was a great experience. The people are great that run it and all are very helpful. There was a guy that came from Oregon for the class. Anyone who is close enough to take the courses and just starting down the organic way should definetly take it. If you are new to organics but can't afford or are to far from the classes, you can purchase their NOFA Standards for Organic Land Care for about $20 and would be a great starting point .