1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a good way to get plot plans or site dimensions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by justmjc, Feb 19, 2004.

1. justmjc

justmjc LawnSite Senior Member

Went on a bid today for a school district and for whatever reason, the man in charge had no dimensions for ANY of the 15-20 locations they wanted serviced. Since we still have snow on the ground, it's not the ideal time to start measuring. Last resort if I have too.

Does anyone know if there is anything in public records in the clerks office that give this much needed information? Anyone else have any good ideas? They want this bid in a week, and hell, it's going to take that long to measure everything out. I'm almost tempted to bid too high just in case I get a location, I will at least know I'll be making money. I don't want to get stuck working twice as hard for something bid half of the should be price.

Any suggestions? They are the ones in the drivers seat on this and there's not much room for help. Of course I can pass......
  2. WayneRI

WayneRI LawnSite Member

I have plot plans for most of my accounts. I carry them with me. Mostly so a can verify property boundaries. Expecially important when clearing tall grass and brush beyond the lawn areas. Anyway, I go to the town or city hall and inquire as to dept. Yes, it is a matter of public record. The city hall usually has a copy machine right there, as this is a common request.