anyone know of a irrigation school

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by jeff_0, Aug 5, 2003.

1. jeff_0

jeff_0 LawnSite Senior Member
    from md

i want to learn irrigation disign, install and troubleshoot from the beging to the end. i have no irrigation experince.. i live in md but would be willing to travel.. tryed a search here but it was only a little help.

2. jeff_0

from md

i've just signed up with the IA. So i'll talk to them tomorrow to see if they have some type of educational track for beginers.

3. svlandscape

svlandscape LawnSite Member

Try www.irrigatortech.com 909-614-1755

They are located in Southern California so I don't know if it is much help to you, but maybe you could order some of their training material? Hope it helps you

4. Arnold

Arnold LawnSite Member
    from Wyoming

I got some info in the mail on a two or three day training program through rainbird. You might e-mail one of there contacts at there site and see if they do anything like that in your area.

5. jeff_0

from md

yeah, i just found out about the rainbird training.. they'll be out me way the end of sept.. so i signed up for 3 days of training.

6. jeff_0

from md

most of the training i see is in CA.. they must do a lot of irrigation there

7. Only because it's always sunny just about every day. :rolleyes:

Most of the lawns aren't that big, so you can install a system at a reasonable rate. Most people want a nice yard, but don't have the time to water.

Most of all...
    Rainbird
    Hunter
    ... just to name a few, corporate headquarters is located here in the sunny state.
    John

8. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

9. jeff_0

from md

I talked to IA today also.. There going to mail me a educational track for what classes to take and in what order. So i know with taking these classes and the one's from rainbird that i'll learn a lot.

10. greenworldh20

greenworldh20 LawnSite Senior Member

there is an irrigation school in west nyack, ny...if you are interested...price is just right, too.

brian:D