Anyone know of shipping co. for lawn equipment?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WHIPPLE5.7, Apr 17, 2008.

1. WHIPPLE5.7

WHIPPLE5.7 LawnSite Senior Member

I always find good deals far away and am willing to cover shipping but who do I use? Many of them don't get as far out west as my state.
  2. Pumper

Pumper LawnSite Member

I know you can ship a mower on a commecial truck line as long as it is strapped to a pallet and all of the fluids are drained out. If you don't have a forklift, just have it shipped to the closest terminal and pick it up there. There is a Yellow terminal in Great Falls.
  3. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

if you're smart enough to make a Hi Lift assembly for a WALKER mower for $300.00 then you should be able to hustle up this info yourself.
  4. WHIPPLE5.7

Well lets see here. There are tons of people who use this site and may have knowledge of a good frieght co. for my needs on shipping large items. As for the Walker Hi lift comment, yes if you have a mig welder and some creative skills it can be done for a fraction of what Walker wants for it. No need to be smartass about things. If you suck don't take it out on people on an internet forum, just step in front of traffic or something.
  5. bigclawn

bigclawn LawnSite Senior Member

I'm waiting for you to put your money where your mouth is--build the Hi Lift for $300.00 that is as functional and safe as the OEM unit.
  6. WHIPPLE5.7

That might be kind of tough for me to do since I just sold my Walker last week. When I get a brand new one in 10 months I'll be sure let you know how it goes though. Right now I'm running just the Hustler for a ZTR.
  7. ribbie78

ribbie78 LawnSite Member

R & L Carriers

I've had two big exmarks shipped and they've been extremely fast and well priced. Here's a link:

....BTW- they were both ebay purchases with the seller setting up the shipping, no work on my end.
  8. Big Daddy Choper

Big Daddy Choper LawnSite Member

road-way has a set price to anywhere.....last i heard
  9. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

Cover the entire USA
  10. Albery's Lawn & Tractor

Albery's Lawn & Tractor LawnSite Bronze Member

Used them for several big items. Only problem we had was they couldn't locate our tool boxes (big generic ones off ebay) and were trying to tell us the brand new Mac Tool box they had was ours. Should have took it but I have to be able to sleep at night. And our boxes were there we just had to find them.