Anyone know what hoist system this is?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by CAG80, Mar 5, 2012.

1. CAG80

CAG80 LawnSite Member
    from CT

I'm thinking of purchasing this truck but the owner has no idea what brand roll off it is. Its on a 04 int 4300 so it seems to be a light duty system.I searched around and came up with nothing. It seems to have no sub frame and a scissor lift. Can anybody help me identify it, I'm wondering if it maybe homemade. Im going to try to upload pic again soon its not letting me at the moment.
    Thanks

2. CAG80

CAG80 LawnSite Member
    from CT

here are a few pics hope they work!!

photo 1.jpg

photo.JPG

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

it does look small for that truck

4. GQLL

GQLL LawnSite Senior Member

5. CAG80

CAG80 LawnSite Member
    from CT

It is very close to the SNG system and infact the switch n go is what I have been looking to build a truck with. This system should take standard dumpster cans unlike the SNG system that has a one off rail system.* Im just worried that if I can't track down the manufaturer when it comes time to replace stuff it going to have to be custom fab work. Im also curious to see the dumping specs and to see what the manufacters thoughts are about putting 1200 gallons of water on the system.

6. hvy 1ton

hvy 1ton LawnSite Senior Member

Switch and goes are the only ones i've seen using a scissor lift instead of telescopic. Don't know if that helps any.

7. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I doubt that is a switch n go as they never had rails like that or the center roller which I think is due to patents. Also SNG only takes their bodies they can't pick tradtional dumpsters like it shows above. To me it looks like a home made lift that was made from parts they had around and robbed the rails from a junked or old roll off truck. The hoist look really far forward to the cab. I know mind sits just in front of the rear wheels. How smooth are all the welds that will tell you.

8. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

These are a couple of manufactures that i used to use and work on good luck on identifying the frame.DRAGON MFG,ESP, GALBRAITH,CLEMENTS

9. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

looks like a one-off job to me. The winch looks off the shelf, the cross members are not uniform, and its just too crusty for the year of the truck.

10. ConstSvcs

ConstSvcs LawnSite Senior Member