1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what I have here?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Alanky, May 20, 2002.

1. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

Today I had a lady stop me while cutting a yard and ask if I wanted a mower. I finished up the job and followed her back to a shed expecting to find an old run down murray or something along those lines. She pointed out this old reel mower which really sparked my interest!, so I brought it home. Now my question is do any of you know what brand it is? There is nothing on it accept for an Indian on the handle bars and gas tank. It also has the Pat. number on the handle. Any information on this mower will be greatly appreciated

reel mower3.jpg
  2. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

Another Pic.

reel mower1.jpg
  3. ceaman

ceaman LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The indian makes me think techumseh...
    just a thought
  4. lawnkid

lawnkid LawnSite Senior Member

Looks like an interesting piece of equipment. You could really fix that thing up and use it as like a spare mower or something or as a collectable. I would agree on the Tecumseh and i know that most Tecumseh equipment is red, so.. :)
  5. heygrassman

heygrassman LawnSite Senior Member

I think that Flex Deck makes an attachment that runs off a rubberband for that model. :D
  6. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

It is very interesting (and old!) I dont think it is Tecumseh, beause it is not their Indian logo (the Indian head). The Indian on this mower is more of a cartoon. Im thinking the engine may be a Clinton, but im not to familiar with Clinton engines so I could be wrong. :confused:

7. anythinglawns

anythinglawns LawnSite Member

I may be an old Lawn Chief.
  8. DaveK

DaveK LawnSite Member

Post the patent number and I can tell you who made it (or at least who patented it).
  9. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

I agree with Jason, It might be a Lawn Chief. The throttle looks like one that was on a Lawn Chief that I once owned.

10. Alanky

Alanky LawnSite Member

The patent numbers are: 8,881,887-2,791,875

Also while I was looking over it again I found: King O' Lawn, INC
    South Gate, Calif

stamped into the back of the handle bars. Could this be the manufacturer/brand?

Thanks for all your help and information so far :)