Anyone know where I can buy a new t 230 Shin trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by E & J Pro Turf, Jun 6, 2008.

1. E & J Pro Turf

E & J Pro Turf LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

If you know of any dealers that might still have any of these new please let me know.

Thanks for any help.

2. E & J Pro Turf

E & J Pro Turf LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Bump Bump Bump

3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Check out the T242's

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i am set for life - i have 4 of them!

5. DavisLawn

DavisLawn LawnSite Member

230's =underpowered pieces of JUNK

6. Squirter

Squirter LawnSite Member
    from Zone 5

i've got a pretty good idea where you can find a t260 and t270. i searched high and low for them...finally buying a t270. hope i won't be dissatisfied.

7. lawnboy dan

he must mean 231 is underpowered pos

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I strongly disagree with you. I have had six of them in the past ten years. I have tried several other trimmers since then and I always end up going back to my old T230's. I honestly have to wonder when people make statements like this if you have actaully ever owned one. Underpowered, maybe for heavy stuff. They are great for weekly maintenance work. Junk? Now that's the one I wonder about. Never anything more than carb problems on well used older ones. But nothing like the carb problems I used to run into on the older 2400 Echo trimmers.

Back to E & J's question: I have no idea. I bought two brand new ones from mower shops on ebay several years ago and have not run across any since. If you happen to find any, and you don't buy them all, send me an email.

9. soloscaperman

soloscaperman LawnSite Gold Member

To the guy that said the shindy 230 or 231 was a POS. When I started Landscaping I worked for a guy that only bought shindy and he has one 230 or 231. Well balanced, very good power, we used it Monday- Saturday and in the rain. He had it for about 3 years. Never had a problem. You pay alot but its worth it. We had a kid that didn't seat it properly and it fell while driving and still worked. We had an echo, shindy and a redmax and out of the 3 the shindy was stolen I wonder why they choose that one. I'm still looking for a weed wacker like that I hate my husqvarna. I swear on the T series. When you do 120 lawns a week you will love the shindy T series.

10. lawnboy dan

there is a huge diff between the 230 and 231!