Anyone know where to get something to hold 25 different rock/mulch samples?

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by Ric3077, Mar 9, 2007.

1. Ric3077

Ric3077 LawnSite Bronze Member

I offer 20 something decorative stone choices and like 3-4 mulch choices...I have all the samples in zip lock bags with the name of the rock or mulch on the bag....but it is not the cleanest presentation when showing the customer the samples. I can't seem to find a box with individual spots for the different samples...I have seen some with like tiny little spots that would hold maybe half a handful of mulch but I want to have like 2-3 handfuls of the sample in each spot. And if each spot had it's own flip top lid that would be best...Any help is appreciated, thanks!

2. Matts lawn care

Matts lawn care LawnSite Senior Member
    from MD

How about for the mulch and small rock samples get a plywood board about1.5'x2' and cut a handle on the top of it. Then get that spray adhesive and stick the mulch and stone on there. What do you think?

3. Ric3077

wow that is actually a really good idea thanks! I will build one this weekend! :waving: :waving: :waving:

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How about a box for tackle..........fish'n

5. Ric3077

Yea I looked at those and the lil slots to hold the tackle are too small...and everytime you open it I think mulch would shift around etc...but thanks. I love Matt's idea but keep them coming if you can think of other ideas.

6. Ric3077

The reason I need kinda a large sample for each is some of the stone samples contain more than 8 different color shades to them and 4-5 rocks will not accurately depict what the stone will actually look like in the flower beds. Also some of the stone samples are large...each rock being larger than a golf ball.

7. Precision Lawns

Precision Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

just build a row of boxes out of .5" MDF and glue plexyglass to the front of it? make say 5 sets of five 5" boxes.

8. Ric3077

This would be a good idea if I had a good saw to cut the pieces to make the lil boxes, but I don't...also I would like the customer to be able to see the samples without glass in the way...iif I went this route I probably would put some hinges on the top and a lock on the bottom of the glass and have the glass pop open like a door...if you cut teh MDF how would you assemble the boxes would you glue them together?

9. Bigred350

Bigred350 LawnSite Senior Member

10. Ric3077

Good idea...do they make them that stay shut (like won't slide open if it is tipped upside down)?