1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know???

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by Gatewayuser, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anyone ever built a sprayer for a hydro w/b mower? I wouldn't mind putting one on my 52" Greatdane gateway. Is there a place to buy one pre-made? Thanks
  2. indyturf

indyturf LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indy

check northern tool, or you could probably find one at tractor supply. I would stay small on the tank. probably 15 gal.
  3. Gatewayuser

I was thinking of using a 26gal until I really thought about how much it would weigh with water (216.6lbs of water alone). The thing I'm worried about is the tires driving through the chems but there again look at the perma green. What tank and pump would everyone recommend? Thanks again!
  4. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I use prolawn sprayers on my grasshopper.. also have a little walk behind.. So far they've been VERY nice... When I can do 4+ wooded acres in 45 minutes, I sometimes have upset customers though...
  5. cvlm

cvlm LawnSite Member

This is my first year spraying full time and i am using all back packs for now until i get more business i need a way to fill the back packs up as we mix in the field maybe a fresh water tank with a pump. i was thinking maybe a 25 gal tank with a attwood 750 pump but not sure of a source for the tank would like something that i can mount to in the bed of my truck that does not take up too much space anyway any advice from you vets out there or maybe picture of your setup would be greatly appreciated. thanks:usflag:
  6. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I have a 300 gal tank on my trailer, with pump that I use for filling up the tank on my Prolawn sprayers....

I worked out of backpack speayers for a long time... and what I did was I got 5 gallon water tanks.. They're just like gas cans, but color coded for water... It was cheap.. it worked great, and when I was ready to upgrade, I didn't have to retire a large investment...

If you just have to have a big tank though, I think I'd do gravity feed instead of investing in a pump for filling backpacks...

just my 2 cents :)
  7. Norm Al

Norm Al LawnSite Bronze Member

no i dont know!
  8. Gatewayuser

Do what???:confused: