Anyone leave their equipment out at night????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jon99, Apr 24, 2003.

1. Jon99

Jon99 LawnSite Senior Member

I keep my equipment out at my parents farm most of the time, but since I do all of my mowing on Thursday and Friday, I load up Thursday morning, keep it parked at my house (open trailer) on Thursday night and then unload Friday...
  2. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Maine

I never leave my stuff outside. Your'e asking for someone to take it. There have been a ton of guys on this site that have had stuff taken. I've been lucky so far but I don't take any chances.
  3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

No, I don't have any equipment ,, yet.
    What was your parents address again?

Just kidding, it depends on where you live and how keen you are on driving in and having all your equipment gone. Sooner or later someone will give you a reason to wish you had put it away or at least locked it up. I never lock anything at home and have never lost anything yet of course most of my neighbours know that I spent time in jail before so they don't bother with my stuff. I also advertise the fact that I have lots of guns and am a pretty good shot.
    I seen a nice bumper sticker today, Warning, driver only carries $20 worth of ammunition.
  4. edrenckh

edrenckh LawnSite Member

Mines in the fenced yard, with the dogs.... (And it's an easy shot from the deck.)
  5. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

I keep my equipment locked in the shop. But sometimes I will load up all the hand tools and gas cans the night before to save time in the morning. Someday when I clean out the garage I will be able to fit the trailer inside and keep it all loaded, but so far that's just a dream.
  6. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

Used to leave mine outside, in a nice gated community. And now at this moment someone has a diesel 60" ztr and a 48" hydro walkbehind. 26 hrs on the ztr and the wb was put together on Tuesday and lost on Thursday.
  7. drobson

drobson LawnSite Member

Ouch!! That had to hurt...
  8. CBB

CBB LawnSite Member
    from MS/LA

yep good thing my company had insurance.

Forgot to say that they unhooked my trailer from my truck and and took the whole thing. I had to pay for the trailer though.
  9. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Yup I leave mine outside, Except in the rain. The area I was raised in and still live in is very rual, Heck my dad has lived out here for 25 years and has never locked his cars, Farmers leave all their tractors out, keys in them. My security, put the gate up. Oh and 12 gauge shot want my adress???:D