anyone LineX/Rhinoliner a dump insert??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by LawnSmith, Aug 30, 2003.

1. LawnSmith

LawnSmith LawnSite Senior Member

after lots of research, phone calls, emails, etc., i decided to get a EZ-Dump Insert for my truck. i was wondering if anyone ever had the bottom and sides of their dump beds lined w/ spray on bedliner? all of my trucks have always had Rhinoliner brand and i love it, but i havent seen it on any dump beds before. i cant actually think of any disadvantages for it either as most of the dump inserts or dump beds i see that are 2+yrs old, are starting to rust out already.

2. cat320

cat320 LawnSite Senior Member

3. LawnSmith

that is sweet! from the pics it looks like LineX, dont you think? i like LineX as well although the nearest "dealer" isnt as close as the Rhinoliner guy and i get a great deal on beds otherwise, i wouldnt consider doing something as large as a dump insert.

4. MOOSE

MOOSE LawnSite Senior Member

I too was wondering about lining a insert too! Plus I was thinkin of doing my dump trailer. It can't be that expensive. It sure would last alot longer.

5. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

i lined my dump trailer....was a little leary at first about issues with material sliding out.....but it worked out great. i ended up selling the trailer about 2 years later and upgrading in size, but the spray in material held up great. i would definately recommend doing it. no rusting or scratched paint.

6. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I was reading sometime ago that the Rhinoliner was actually designed for the rail road industry. It was use to coat rail cars that carried corrosive materials, i.e. rock salt, fertilizer materials, etc. If that is the case, it would seem appropriate that it could be used to line a dump bed.

7. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

company i work for rhino lined a service body for their service truck $500 including tops of tool boxs then truck was totalled one month later i have seen people rhino line their whole truck as a paintjob $expensive$ rhino lineing a dump body will definitaly increase lifespan

8. LawnSmith

im all for it, im just waiting on the insert dump body now.

its a custom unit for a shortbed truck, should be here in like 3 weeks.

9. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Be sure to post some pics when it's all done:)

You'll love the insert. I use the heck out of mine. Who is custom building the insert?

Ryan

10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

Dump Insert..... one of the best thing I have ever bought good luck