1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

anyone local to me weld?

Discussion in 'Network: South' started by Frontier-Lawn, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

i need to find a lawnsite guy on here that knows how to weld. i have a 6x16 trailer that needs some welding work. local trailer place wants 270-300 for welding and front end rebuild.

work to be done: fully cracked angle iron infront of wheels, move back in the front sides from being hacked out and pushed out 6" to haul a bush hog on a ford tractor.

2. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I weld and looking on my map I'm only about 3" from you. Stop by tomorrow after lunch and I'll look at it. (I'm just kidding)

3. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

What's the problem with paying the 300 dollars to have the trailer place do it? It's not a lot of money and it sounds from your description to be half a day of work at-least. When you say the angle iron is cracked are you talking posts and rails or are you talking the frame on the floor?

4. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Yea minus consumables etc thats barely a days pay? Drop the trailer off yesterday. I hire a welder for 500 for the day and he uses my equip and supplies
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I would say that he is a little under priced, I would want more than that myself.