1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone looking for a good deal on a snowplow?

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by turbo5560, Apr 6, 2007.

1. turbo5560

turbo5560 LawnSite Senior Member

Especially for those of you who are starting a lawn business and are thinking about plowing snow. I'm selling a Boss straigh blade plow. It will be two years old this decemeber. Used very little first winter and a good amount this year. Great condition, except a rib on the end of the plow is bent, it was because i had side plates on and didn't know i had to brace it. I bent them back and it doesn't effect plowing whatsoever. Only cosmetic.
    Plow has a shock absorber on it as well.
    Very nice plow! I'm selling because I want to get a V-plow.
    Plow comes with everything: plow, wireharness, and mount for 1994-2002 dodge ram. Pick-up in Grand Rapids, MI area. Light enough to put on a small utility trialer for pick up.
    Spring is the time to buy, winter is along way off, but save some money now.
  2. Herrick

Herrick LawnSite Senior Member

how much are you asking?
  3. turbo5560

$2700 obo, I think that is fair... what about you?
  4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

2700 bucks? For a bent straight plow?
  5. turbo5560

The plow is not bent! The back side has "ribs". Like 6 or so of them... on the end one i had a side plate to hold snow... but there is not bracing like there is on a poly blade and i didn't realize that. So the first time i went out and used the plow with the side plate it bent the RIB, not the plow. It doesn't effect the plow whatsoever. It's only cosmetic.
    It doesn't effect the plow, the only reason i said that it was like that was because i was being honest with what i know about the plow.
    Make sense?
  6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Great... I have a 1998 dodge ram and NEED a plow... but i'm in KANSAS!
  7. turbo5560

Well we could try to work something out with shipping... but it might be pricy... then again because i'm selling it so cheap you might still get a good deal.
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you considered putting this over on plowsite?? You may receive a better response over there and could land a sale faster!!! Just trying to help!!!
  9. turbo5560

ya, i put it on plowsite, but i haven't had any responses. Probably because it's just out of plowing season and no one has a reason to be on that site. At least that is my guess. Just thought someone might want to save some money and buy this plow now verse spending more come fall.
  10. troblandscape

troblandscape Guest

If you really need the money, the only way you will sell it is if you put it on ebay, start it at a dollar at no reserve and it will probly sell for 1800.00 Good Luck. Plow have half their value in spring.