Anyone looking to Benefit from the Affordable Care Act

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by lawnsaspire, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Mea culpa. I should have elaborated more on my post. My comment wasn't directed about the OP, but rather the gamut of the usual responders on such topics. Most guys are too young and or dumb to appreciate the securities offered by insurances of any kind. They still don't get it that it is all part of running a successful business. If Obamacare works, great! In the meantime I am paying 650 a month for my wife and son to have a great UHC plan through my payroll company. Luckily I have my retired military VA for myself. I don't think you are being reckless, just unfortunate. Not your fault just a fact.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

As you know nothing of my education or life experience education. Nor do you know what my voting patterns have been for the 32 years I have been voting. As well you have no idea what motives drive me on this issue, would it be safe to say your statement was clueless. I do thank you for it and feel I am a better person having read it. I also thank you as I'm sure your statement will go a long way to coming up with a solution to fixing this issue in a way that would make all parties happy.

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Believe me I don't blame obama, dislike him but I realize the insurance racket was bad before him. Alot of people want to go with the good old route of "its the greedy CEO's of insurance companies" I want to say its irresponsible people. How many people sit back and say screw it, rather than buying in they'll just screw the hospital over? I know a few. Its like food stamps, welfare, any other handout and the masses of people taking advantage of those systems. We all know its a problem, but they're systems that "could" be good for people down on their luck but now Johnny sees his friends eating better than him, getting good money to sit around, getting a cheaper rate on their home than him, all while watching jerry springer all day, so yea Johnny joins. Lazyness is a disease, and it's spreading.

I refuse to blame the CEO's or the companies, if I did that I'd have to let people complain about what I charge as a company, and I don't like letting others set my prices.

4. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

I'm with you on this. I do hope the health care plan does work and that the parts that don't get fixed. I don't personally blame the ceo's either. But at the same time a lot of stockholders, upper management and hospitals and others seem to be making a lot of money off providing me with affordable health care. There are many pieces broken, hopefully they will be put back together in a good way. Those that abuse the system need to be called out for it.

5. lawnsaspire

lawnsaspire LawnSite Bronze Member

thats the problem insurance is going to go up crazy amounts. thats why im having a hard time deciding whether to purchase a plan or go with this. and by the way, stop acting like im not a responsible person or parent. as ive said both my kids have good coverage and wife has partial. justme that doesnt have it. and ive never touched a cigarette, i dont drink heavily, and dont fool around. plus youre reading the calculator wrong. you dont pay the whole 900 cause a large part of that is covered by a tax cr
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. lawnsaspire

tax credit. so if the calculator says 900 youre monthly payment is prob somewhere between 2 and three hundred. they dont wait until april 15th to apply your tax credit.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. lawnsaspire

it would be nice if the us had something closer to canada or norway. plus you guys act as though this was brought on purely by political motives . if that was the cas the supreme court would not have upheld it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Are you prepared to give up 45% of your gross income? Check out the employment taxes on countries with socialized health care. Growing up with Canadians I am very familiar with their systems. Not bad but not great but expensive and severly restrictive.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Enough with the lecture he didn't ask you what the risk is to not having health insurance.

10. rootytalbot

rootytalbot LawnSite Senior Member

Some folks just plan to die in the emergency room of a curable disease, like a good American.
    Others sacrifice great amounts of money for a plan that will that will not provide much and most likely will bankrupt them.
    Don't get your expectations too high about getting a fair price on healthcare, you might be disappointed.