1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone make Homemade signs?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ivyslawncare, May 10, 2011.

1. ivyslawncare

ivyslawncare LawnSite Member

I want signs for my trailer but am too cheap to pay for them. Do you think it would look bad if i had signs painted on wood and mounted on my trailer? I was wondering if anyone else does this and if they have any pics?
    Here is what i am thinking...(This isnt my trailer and equipment, i took the pic of google)
    View attachment trialer signs.zip

bannerfans_525210.jpg

2. ivyslawncare

Sorry i think this is it, sorry for bad quality
    trailer and signs.jpg ...

trailer and signs.jpg

3. TurfSurfers.fdl

TurfSurfers.fdl LawnSite Member

I would pay the little bit of extra money and give yourself a Professional Look. Hard to justify your rates when you're spray painting your name and number on a piece of plywood.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Home made signs will look horrible. We see those guys all the time and just laugh. I mean unless you are an artist and can pull it off. The old sign guys used to do all hand painting signs up until the 80's I believe, then vinyl came out.

Get a sign made up its cheap probably 150 for aluminum and some letters.

5. ivyslawncare

Well my mom is a VERY good cake decorator, and i think she could make them look good. I will try it and see if they look good anyway.