anyone members of the bbb

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by daveintoledo, Jan 25, 2007.

1. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

any advantages, disadvantages, thoughts, is it worth it, thanks in advance for any information

2. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm not a member, but have heard its a total waste of money. From what I've been told, about all you get for the $$$$ spent is a plack to hang on the wall that says your a member. Also, the only time anyone really calls the BBB is to complain, not to check references to see if your legit.

3. Bill Davis

Bill Davis LawnSite Senior Member

I did it and it was a total waste of time and money. Save yourself the energy.

4. KCLandscape

KCLandscape LawnSite Senior Member

NNNOO>>>
    Don't do it, there is no return

5. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

Yup definately a rip-off. Just somebody trying to take your hard earned money.

6. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

BBB means what?

7. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

Better Business Bureau, it's a rip i think it is 300 a year here.

8. Uranus

Uranus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

I hade someone tell me they were going to call the BBB on me once. I laught and said go ahead. BBB doesnt do or mean anything.

9. MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE LawnSite Bronze Member

I had someone say they were going to call the police on me,post my bail.

10. lawnrich

lawnrich LawnSite Member

If you do join the bbb and someone does complain to them you have to make it right with them to stay in good standing with the bbb. Its not like going to court you are atomaticly wrong in most cases you have to refund all money and pay all damges which are highly by the custmer. Becuse they call another lco to fix it so its not your cost to fix it. its the other compaines cost and profit and they go with highest bid for the bbb and then higher the lowballer to fix it. 350 buys alot of flyers.