Anyone modify PermaGreens to spray tea?

Discussion in 'Organic Lawn Care' started by Chris Burisek, Dec 29, 2008.

1. treegal1

treegal1 LawnSite Gold Member

wow that's too cool, is it light weight when empty???

2. Prolawnservice

Prolawnservice LawnSite Senior Member

yup, you could pick it up and put it in the van by yourself

3. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

I owned/used one of those. Clogged pretty easy. I doubt it would handle a tea...

Then again I bet it would spray bills.. but you only get 1 gal per K... turn the nozzles in to get 2 gal per k.

4. Prolawnservice

take the screens out, we use it all the time go over the prop twice once side to side and once perpendicular to the first pass 2 gal per 1000

5. treegal1

screens are for sissys.jk EVEN THE C 200 HAS TO RUN BARE WITH CASTS IN THE PUMP

Last edited: Feb 8, 2009
  6. Prolawnservice

seriously what the hell are they for anyway, I take them out of everything.

7. JDUtah

JDUtah LawnSite Silver Member
    from UT

Never tried that

8. treegal1

I have no idea, I think I burned up the diaphragms in my sprayer with the OVER sized screens still pulling vacuum..... good buy screen and the tea looks a lot better out of the gun.............. no scope in the field stuff just a sample one day and again the next, less shred....

9. ICT Bill

ICT Bill LawnSite Platinum Member

I must have mis-communicated it is a common trait of my ancestors passed and present.
    Here is an example: I got asked to come to a company in the mid west that has a little over 100 franchises in 24 states, the one I was visiting had 8000 customers, I did not mistype "eight thousand" from one office alone, this did not count the other 99 or so offices.
    These franchises have been and are run in a certain way, the home office had "played" with AACT and extracting for 2 years and had given up, they could not figure out how to coordinate it. It was something they were trying to bring into an existing framework and it caused too much heartburn

I believe if they had started with AACT or extracting like several I know have and ran the business from that start it would be completely different

Companies that brew teas are not our customers, companies that want to brew teas or expand into organic lawn/landscape care are. that is our business model to transition companies into less inputs of fertilizers and pesticides and to move to a more sustainable model. There are currently few to none, off the shelf product lines like ours to do that

Our goal is: if we can reduce fertilizer and pesticide inputs by 50 to 75% nationally (hell, regionally), we have accomplished something. Then we can teach them how to get the rest out of their program

10. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Compost does a soil good!