1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

anyone need a WAM?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnwizards, Oct 5, 2006.

1. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

3. petekief

petekief LawnSite Senior Member

$5000 - wow - tempting - isn't it - (let's see i'll need a flat bed duel axle . . .)
  4. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

If it seems to good to be true it probably is !!!!
  5. gandk06

gandk06 LawnSite Senior Member

someone with a 0 rating. Cheap price. Wonder if it is scam? I think so.
  6. ACutAbovesiny

ACutAbovesiny LawnSite Senior Member

Dont have a need for it but wish I did. That thing is a monster.
  7. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

Anyone with a zero rating like that, I would never even consider buying a high $ item like that.
  8. Dogbonz

Dogbonz LawnSite Senior Member

He just joined Ebay on Oct 5th,, Looks like a lawn Biz in pictures background. I bet someone will get a good deal on this if they took the time to look him up and go see the item. Heck everybody at one point had to sell there first item on ebay. You just have to be smart and do your research be4 you buy. I have seen things like this listed, and Ebay pulls them offline as some are frauds, that want you to pay with western union. Bottom line be smart and cautious, and you'll be fine. Heck you could apply that to just about anything huh? =^)
  9. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

That auction on EBAY is not for a WAM, but a SCAM.

Let's see, you buy a new WAM for $45,000-$53,000 plus tax, then use it 373 hours and ask $5000 to sell?

The dead giveaway is the fake buy-it-now, without a BUY-IT-NOW option.

The pictures are the same ones used in a separate auction a few weeks ago.

They want you to bid so as to obtain your personal info. They will probably ask you for a certified check if you win, or offer to send you a big check to cover shipping, then you send a check back for the overage when you determine actual shipping.

Its a scam, and look, so far 12 bids. What a shame,
  10. Albemarle Lawn

Albemarle Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

They would know its not a 3 cylinder engine as stated.

BTW does that even look like Tenessee in the background? Why are there no leaves on the trees?

And those big evergreens in the background sure are big for that climate zone. Taller than a barn. Hmmmm?