Anyone need some Scag Hydro parts

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HarryD, Oct 12, 2003.

1. HarryD

HarryD LawnSite Bronze Member

2. Ryan Lightning

Ryan Lightning LawnSite Senior Member
    from CA

There went my chance of getting those cheap.;)
    Im not sure if there worth the truble, but $200 Id take them home.

3. HarryD

If anything they are good for the hydro motors and pumps but if all the parts are there a guy could put a motor on one and be in business. Thats what I did when i first got started bought a bunton 36 belt drive with a blown motor for $200 way back in 1987 just sold it last year :rolleyes: and upgraded to a hydro 36. I held onto the old belt drive for so long cuz I only use the 36 about 2 hours a week on some gated yards

4. Harley58

Harley58 LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

That's my idea. My high bid. New motor would cost $575.00, worst case scenario. I plan for this to be my winter project.

5. HarryD

best way I have seen to bid is to wait the last 15 secs and bid high or at least what you are willing to spend if all others are bidding a few $$ over what the current bid price is you will win cuz they wont be able to rebid fast enough :D

harley
    Good luck wish I could bid on them :( I am in nebraska would be a long haul for some parts

That guy looks like a junk dealer who knows what you mite find there

6. Harley58

Harley58 LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

Those last second bidders are called "snipers" in Ebay world. I know how to deal with them. Thanks.

7. HarryD

ya I got sniped 4 times this week. I have read up on this some what is your trick to beating these guys out :confused:

8. RichmondR

RichmondR LawnSite Member

IMHO, the best way to deal with this issue is just to enter a price that, beyond which, you're not interested anymore. Remember, ebay wont make you bid that entire amount -- just up to the next increment beyond the next lower bidder. That way, you are entering a number without the pressure of time when you have the opportunity to put some thought into that bid amount. Real time bidding at the end doesn't always lead to the best decisions, if you know what I mean. I remember bidding on a clock on ebay once by sniping -- fortunately, I lost because, looking back on it, I was bidding way too much.

The only way a sniper can win is to bid to the next increment above the maximum amount you are willing to pay. If you put the right amount of thought into your bid, you walk away happy either way.

9. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

where bushhog or whatever his name is

10. Harley58

Harley58 LawnSite Member
    from Orlando

The best thing is like what RichmondR said. Bid the max you are willing to pay and what you think it's worth. If it goes over that, what do you care, it's more than you were willing to pay and you don't get caught up in a bidding frenzy and spend more than it's worth.