1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone not like their Z, dosen't seem like it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brentsawyer, Oct 5, 2003.

1. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I'm sick of all the hype of everyone saying that there Z is the best. I would love to hear if anyone has one that they hate and would never buy again or has already 'boycotted' because of past experience. So can we do this or is this too against the rules to say that I or someone else won't buy a particular mower because this and that happened to me in the past?
  2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

exmark Lazer 60 with kohler 27 Hp.i hate the engine.nothing but problems.all my other mowers have kawi engines and never had any engine trouble.i will never buy another exmark with a kohler engine.im already looking at other mowers with kawi engines to buy for next season.
  3. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 dislikes about my turftiger-
    ride,it needs a suspension seat.
    stripe ability,it wont stripe anything like my w/b-both have advantage decks and run same blade combos.
  4. brentsawyer

brentsawyer LawnSite Senior Member

I really like this. The two posts are great. I think that we as a group can work something new here and move forward putting our dislikes out there for others to read or this can be a way for people to solve others problems instead of the usual banner waving that is all to common on hundreds of posts about the same subject.
  5. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

I dont like my toro because of the 17hp kawi. Hasnt ever worked right. I have gotten use to the stamped deck on it however.
  6. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

i hate great dane, and would never buy one again. I dont hate MY great dane, just the company. Parts availability is rediculous, and the dealers, ive been to over 10, are very unknowlegable, and unhelpful.
  7. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I don't think I will ever buy another Z no matter who makes them. They tear up the lawn and by the time you make a K or Y type turn, I've caught up to you with my slower ground speed, dual drive hydro WB. So where is the advantage I ask, of a Z over a WB? Answer...there is none believe me.
  8. Lawn Tek

Lawn Tek LawnSite Senior Member
    from u s a

My average property is 30 k, can you still catch me with that walkbehind ? :)

Back to orginal question , Dixie Chopper own 2 of them will never spend another penny with those guys .
  9. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Maybe not, but I will have less trimming to do than you:D . 30k average...how many obstacles though? A dual drive WB will run circles (no pun intended) around obstacles over a Z with far less turf damage and trimming. You may finish mowing b4 me, but I will be sitting on the tailgate having something to drink while I watch you finish :D
  10. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I will never buy a Scag ZTR again I have a Turf Tiger. Run as fast as you can form a Sacg and run as fast as you can to Exmark ZTR I have 2 Exmark ZTRs.