1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Anyone not mowing this week?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by General Grounds, Aug 8, 2005.

1. General Grounds

General Grounds LawnSite Senior Member

:blob3: well its so bad here for the exception of a thunderstorm i think we may be doing alot of catch up on side work this week and the rest of our grub control. lawns are smoked with the exception of some patches of nutshedge, anyone else out there doing anything different with there lawns this week? tony
  2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Same here tony...be lucky to mow 1/2 of them btw.
  3. Jpocket

Jpocket LawnSite Silver Member

Yea it's the same here...I'll probably mow half my lawns, but i do see guys cutting their whole route eventhough they are burnt
  4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

We will be going by all of them this week starting Tuesday. Probably will on do half. We did not do anything last week other than the 2 with the watering systems. :cry:
  5. General Grounds

:blob3: i drove my entire route yesterday and i guess with these 10 min thunderstorms well have some minor growth for next week.
  6. wrtenterprises

wrtenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

We have been on an every 2 -- 3 week schedule here in Central Pa. since the first week of July. Even the hacks are mowing every (2) weeks or longer due to the driest conditions here in a decade. The overseeding business should be brisk in a month or so however......

One positive is that the competition is thinning fast. All of the legit companies seem to be fine, but the others, who will remain nameless, are throwing in the towel. Good riddance IMO......
  7. General Grounds

:blob3: iactually dont mind skipping this weeks mowing i have a ton of small stuff that i can bang out, maybe even take a sat. off for a change.
  8. tinman

tinman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ga

did not mow today ( luckily had a house to wash) & maybe not tomorrow,,,but fo r different reasons than u guys... I bet we've had 5 inches of rain in th elast 2 days. Not complaining tho... better too wet than too dry. Hope ya'll (u guys :) ) get some rain soon.
  9. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

Not Mowing In Allentown Pa This Week Either...
  10. jt5019

jt5019 LawnSite Bronze Member

Only did half my accounts last week and it's looking even worse for this week.Some lawns i skipped last week have called and said they still dont need it.Even had one lady tell me Chemlawn said im cutting too short and burnt her lawn out :rolleyes: Ive been cutting at 3 1/2 for a while now