Anyone offer Incentives for referrals?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Hopper1124, Jan 8, 2003.

1. Hopper1124

Hopper1124 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am just starting out and was wondering if anyone offers customers any incentives to give them referrals. If so what are you methods?

Thanks
    Hopper

2. I acknowledge referrals with a $ coupon. Good for future services or can be used to pay open account. Coupon is sent after work is done and paid for by person referred.

3. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

not any more.

got tired of the referer and refered both wanting the incentive.

and got real tired of listening to two customers say they deserve the referral for a mutual friend.

now their only incentive is a happy bubble boy.

4. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Coupon good for any kind of service that we provide. Most people use it towards mowing it seems.

5. Expert Lawns

Expert Lawns LawnSite Silver Member

with every successful referal, i give out a $10 coupon for any service we provide. only one a month and you cannot combine coupons...(i.e. saving for 4 months and getting $40 off)

seems to work as of right now

6. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

You guys are cheap.

I tell my customers that for every 10 hours of work they refer me I will work one hour for them. This has worked great. I lose very little money because they are always having me do extra work jus to get there "free hour."

That means if I do a landscape job that is a 30 hour job -- the person that refered me is going to get 3 free hours of work. If I made $1200.00 -- then I have no problem giving the person who gave me the referall half an afternoon of work.

This has worked really well for me. I run my business completly from referrals and word of mouth and I stay busy all summer.

- jeff

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

As was brought up on another thread, to me 10% is WAY too much.

My op.

8. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

For every referal I receive I either give $25.00 off next labor charge or if it is a maintenance customer they get 1 free mowing.

9. roscioli

roscioli LawnSite Senior Member

For maintenance customers (which is what I am pushing (to the point where I am basically not taking any work from anyone other than weekly customers)) I give one free mowing to the referrer. I also offer one free mowing to new customers many times during the year, but never combined.

10. ant

ant LawnSite Silver Member

i just do applications and offer $15.00 off the next treatment if the refural signs up for full service
    ant