Anyone Out there in Kentucky???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by chrisk, May 8, 2002.

1. chrisk

chrisk LawnSite Member

I am looking for someone in Kentucky that might help answer some questions for me.
    I have been mowing 4 yards now for about 6 years. I make $160
    per week on these yards. I am wanting to add more customers and try and make a living doing this. Anyone out there from Ky that can tell me how to get everything legal??
    How do I get licensed, what insurance do I need, and anything I might need .
    Thanks in advance.

I'm new to this board and have found it to be a great place to learn. Thank you
  2. swn

swn LawnSite Member

What part of KY are you from? I talked to a CPA and she got me the papers to fill out. I don't remember what all it was, but not a lot. A CPA could help you with everything you would need.

Check with the place you have your truck insurance or house insurance. It is not very much for the year and I would not be without it.
  3. chrisk

chrisk LawnSite Member

I'm in Shepherdsville. I am 20 minutes from Louisville, 20 minutes from E-Town, 20 minutes from Bardstown, and 20 minutes from Mt. Washington.
    I am fairly sure that being that close to that many big areas I should be able to stay busy.
    Thanks for the reply!
  4. Pro-Cut Lawns

Pro-Cut Lawns LawnSite Member

Welcome Chrisk
    I am about 85 miles out of Louisville. As already posted, I let a CPA take care of mine. He got me set up with everything I needed to be legit and does my taxes yearly. (I mow his property too...LOL). As far as insurance, I did call around various places and ended up getting mine where my vehicles and home are insured. A couple of places said the only way they would write my liability was to move ALL my insurance over to them...yeah right!!!!
    I'm part time and in a smaller area (population wise) than you are and Im turning down work!! Lot's of LCO's in my small town too. Good luck. Do good work, pay attention to the small details, and build a good reputation and you will have lots of business.