Anyone out there leaning toward buying the new Ferris 32 hydro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GarPA, Jan 24, 2003.

1. GarPA

GarPA LawnSite Silver Member
    from PA

I wont describe this new mower again since I did a couple months ago...dealer is finally getting one next week. I am leaning pretty heavy towards buying this for hilly properties and small gated yards...just wondering if any of you ( yes Rodfather you were kind enough to kick the tires for me down there in New Joysee) have your eye on this machine and what your thoughts are..thanks

For you newbies who dont know, RodFather is obsessed with Ferris like 65Huss is with Exmark....err... I mean 65HOSS...sorry Eric I couldn't resist...I could see the hair standing up on your neck when you read that post the other day!!!!....tee hee

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

If I get this one job that I bid on, I'm going to. It has a ton of newly planted pine trees on a long berm that we'll have to mow around. The slope is about 12' wide and 1000' long.

65huss huh?...I love it. LOL

3. freepoint15

freepoint15 LawnSite Member

It looks like a good mower for the price.We have considered it-would be good for small yards with gates.We are leaning towards a 36" Wright Stander.

4. Turf Dancer

Turf Dancer LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking about it until I read the specs and found out it is as wide as a 36" actually it is 37" chute up ! That won't nelp me in gated areas much !

Anyone know what the price will be on it with the Kawasaki ?

5. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope Ferris made a mistake in listing that unit at 37" wide. That won't get into a lot of gated backyards. I have also heard that the steering system is tough to deal with.