Anyone out there using a Bobcat A300?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by westernmdlawn, Jan 19, 2007.

1. westernmdlawn

westernmdlawn LawnSite Member

Just wondering if anyone out there is using a Bobcat A300 skid loader?

I just purchased a new one last week. I traded my S130 in for it and decided to go all the way up to the top - A300. I must say, my initial reaction is that this machine is amazing. I can go on a lawn and not tear the crap out of it, it will pick up around 6000 lbs. (that is tipping weight), but is rated for 3000lbs. The glass cab with heat and a/c is awesome too. It's got the power bob-tach system which allows me to switch attachments with out any help and with out even getting out of the cab! It is like I went from a Ford Ranger pick up to a F-450 PSD.

I will say that the all wheel steer system is a little tricky to get used to. It didn't take me long to get used to it, maybe 2 hours or so. But I'm concerned that my guys will struggle with it unless I get one or two people to stick with it and get good (dedicated operators). It's no longer simple enough for just anybody to jump in and use it without prior training.

Anything to watch out for with this unit?

2. tnmtn

tnmtn LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Tn.

be careful loading it on a trailer in all wheel steer mode.
    congratulations,

3. MarcusLndscp

MarcusLndscp LawnSite Senior Member

The machine is truly incredible. You're correct that it takes a little getting use to but anyone with equipment skills will pick it up quickly. In ours you can switch it back to normal skid mode as well so it operates as any standard skid machine will. You will find yourself requiring the machine to be used in skid mode in some instances. Let me know if I can help with any other questions

4. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

I have a guy I dig 5-6 inch trees and basket them in 55 to 60 in baskets and moves them around no problem. Becareful with f-450 the egt's and tranny temps get way too high at hiway speeds. Use gauges I can only pull my loader at 50 MPH with O.D. off because of tempatures.

5. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member