Anyone own a Convertible Mower by Rich mfg??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Bel Air Bob, Oct 15, 2006.

1. Bel Air Bob

Bel Air Bob LawnSite Member

I saw at Expo and want to buy one, but I want to hear some more feedback from owners first, since no one around here has one......how do you like it? How's it work in walk behind mode on hills? Any mechanical troubles?? Thanks for your input.

2. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

3. Bel Air Bob

4. Bel Air Bob

5. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

:clapping: I talked to them at the expo they brought out a older model with a 30 horse kohler it is ideal for your one man crew in the residential area
    It is a wb and ztr all in one very smooth in wb mode also the ztr its ground speed is impressive too I would set up a demo and try to buy factory direct

6. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Has anybody got a pic of this thing? I didn't go to exbo so I never saw it, I've seen enough to make me wonder about it. seems like Rich would want pics out there, but instead they are like auto makers with a new model. (Big secret)

7. indy2tall

indy2tall LawnSite Senior Member

Stumper, I will try to get around to taking some pics of mine in the next few days for you. I bought mine very early spring and have used it all year. I still feel anyone who uses one for a week demo will buy it.

8. WALKER LANDSCAPE

WALKER LANDSCAPE LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a web search convertible mower . com If you need a way of contacting them send me an e mail and I will give you some phone numbers.

9. stumper1620

stumper1620 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thanks Indy
    I would like to see it.

10. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

They might sell more if you could find them using a yahoo search for "convertible mower". I had to find them using a link provided here on lawnsite. I think they need to do something to improve their web search performance.

Other constructive criticisms that come to mind are.

1. Website is too sparse on details, photos, etc. SHOW THE PRODUCT IN USE! You can stream stuff for free on Youtube. Certainly a mower manufacturer can get a video of the product on the web.

2. Deck sizes are not what everyone needs. If a mower doubles as your wb for rainy days or slopes, you might also need a mower for gates. Make a 36" or better, 44" deck to fit through more gates.

3. There is very little salesmanship on the website. Assure buyers why they won't be making a mistake buying your product. Show them the advantages. Even the MSRP. What if they don't have a dealership nearby? Tell them your plan to handle this. I'd feel more inclined to check the mower out if I felt the manufacturer was more enthusiastic about it.