ANYONE OWN A FRANCHISE?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HOMER, Dec 10, 2000.

1. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

I had a US LAWNS owner e-mail me today. He wanted to know if I was still interested in U.S. Lawns franchise. I can't see the benefits at this stage of the game, does anybody have experience with a franchise? When your already full of work how would it benefit you to buy something like this? I e-mailed him back and asked him to explain to me the benefits, from an owners point of view. We'll see what he has to say.

Homer

2. T. Cagle

T. Cagle LawnSite Member

Homer I would like that E-mail adress, I would like to see what they have to offer.

3. Mowman

Mowman LawnSite Senior Member

Homer,
    From the picture posted on my thread on tool boxes I don't think you need a franchise. Two DIXIE's a SCAG WB and a beautiful Dodge Pick-Up I think you are doing just fine. With a franchise the advanatage might be that they do all your billing & taxes. Is that worth the FEE of 5-15% of your gross profit. HA!!!! NOT!!!!!!!! Looks to me with the equipment you have on the trailer you have a very large customer base, and a franchise is not needed. Just my opinion. Good Luck.
    Mowman

4. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

That was kinda my point, at this stage of the game for those that have been in biz for a while would there be an advantage to owning one? I work too much now, I like my free time. I work when I want to, which is most of the daylight hours in the growing season, but I like my winters! Maybe they would help someone just getting started but I can't see how it would help them develop a customer base, there is still a lot of leg work involved so might as well do it on your own.

Homer

5. Add pesticide services to your exsisting customer base.

1. Turf
    2. Trees and Shrubs
    3. Indoor pest control

More money very little extra overhead not much more time on the jobsite. Eventually weed the losers out and only sell a complete package.

More money less work more time to spend spending money.