Anyone own a US Lawns franchise

Discussion in 'Franchising' started by dfdsuperduty, Apr 10, 2009.

1. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty LawnSite Member

Does anyone own a US Lawns franchise have any comment on owning one of their franchises I am considering purchasing one. I am leaving on sunday for florida to meet the big wigs?

2. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

your gonna pay someone else while you do all the work? Have you tried to get your own yards?

Just asking.

I understand that they will get the accounts for you, insurance liability and what not.. but your gona pay for that

3. dfdsuperduty

dfdsuperduty LawnSite Member

I have but cant break into the commercial industry

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Franchise's suck! I owned a Rhino Linings dealership, they promise the world but they are a bunch of leaches, most are like that.

5. fredski119

fredski119 LawnSite Member

Dude, don't do it save your money! Just spend it on me Ill tell you how to run a business. I mean those U.S. Lawn guys want you to cough up BIG BUCKS and all for what on how to run a business. Just put your money into advertising you be fine. :hammerhead:

6. driver5

driver5 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive never tried commercial.. but I guess thats where better money is... But all I hear is that it is a pita to get paid.. and if someone underbids you by just a few dollars.. then your out. Kinda sux.

7. Mike Blevins

Mike Blevins LawnSite Bronze Member

We have a U.S. Lawns franchise operating here locally. I see them everyday in the same neighborhoods I work in. Like them I mow residential and commercial lawns. With the price of mowers and equipment and the number of low-baller ads in the phone book and local trading papers I couldn't imagine starting a Lawn franchise right now. In the last 3 weeks there have been 3 different companies (Eastman chemical,Exide battery,and Bristol metals) announce a total around 700 layoffs locally. Thats not including Bushhog, Mack Tools, Columbus Mcckinon machinery, Electrolux, and Bristol Compressors. How many of these people are going to "start mowing yards"??
    I would give it a looooooong look before I was to jump into a franchise. The initial franchise and starting fees are pretty substantial I hear.